2010年4月3日 星期六

David LaChapelle in Taipei

  It was last winter that I first saw what Pop art really is. I went to the CKS Memorial Hall to see the Andy Warhol Worldwide Exhibition. With the $200 student ticket on my hand, I felt upset about how empty the wall was. It was really too expensive comparing with other shows. However, I realized the soul in every works of Mr.Warhol while walking twice in front of a painting. There were several blocks of colors showing the front and the back, and clothes for its theme. That made me astonished by how great the master of Pop art is. I’ve changed my mind and started to have a new way looking through any kinds of art works.

  With the coming of Andy Warhol’s assistant’s, David LaChapelle, show in MOCA, I’ll definitely go for a look. Before my journey to LaChapelle’s fascinating world, I have browsing his website and reading the articles about him on Vogue. It is just like a culture shock but leading the viewer to think what the photographer wants to tell us. Without a doubt, LaChapelle’s exhibition will be a feast of eyes. I’m very looking forward to the day it comes !

http://www.lachapellestudio.com/


沒有留言:

張貼留言